MY CRAZY LIFE

5/29/07

SUMMER VACATION

We are so ready for a vacation!!! This year we are taking a vacation with all of Mike's family. This is something that his parents and sisters have been doing for years. Usually not every summer. More like every other year. For one reason or another, we have not gone. We have been married for over 12 years and have NEVER been on vacation with his family.

I said the kids and I are going this year, no matter what! Mike is going to take off of work to go this year as well. Of course, it comes with a price. He has been working day and night. Staying up until after midnight, most every night, trying to get quotes out.


We will be staying at the Roddy Tree Ranch in Hunt, Texas. Hopefully, we will be able to float the Guadalupe River, swim, fish (I'm not touching the nasty things), and relax. All of our meals will be made in the comfort of our own kitchen at the ranch. Each family will take a day for meals. It turns out much cheaper this way, because there will be 20 of us. Cooking is not my idea of fun and cleaning up after 20 people is worse than that, but I can pitch in and do my part. Check out the link below to know more.

http://www.roddytree.com/index.html

No pics this time. (I'm sure many of you are happy) BUT, there will be more after the vacation!!! FEAR NOT!!!

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day and stopped to think, pray, and love the men and women who have served & are serving in the Military. They have sacrificed a lot so that we have the freedom we have!! So many of us don't even know what it is like to have family over seas fighting a war, or have lost a loved one in the war. I appreciate the time they sacrifice with their families so that I am free to teach my family as I see appropriate.

No comments: