MY CRAZY LIFE

10/7/11

Significance of Number 3

In the past sixteen hours there has been the birth of an idea, a plot, A PLAN.  This is a  plan that involves me. A plan that involves my passion for girls who have survived the sex trafficking industry.  A plan that involves a short term mission trip.  A plan that, if it comes to fruition, I will be able to mark something off of my bucket list. 

As I am writing these words, a thought strikes me...This is much bigger than me!  It's much bigger than me marking something off of my TO DO list. This is about God and what His perfect will is for my life!

God started a work in me a couple of years ago.  It was really after Mike and I divorced two years ago.  I'll spare you all the details, and hit the highlights instead.  After our divorce was final I started to notice that my eyes were drawn to men with darker skin.  It seemed that the ones I found (and still find) "oh, so hot", were Indian men.  There is no rhyme or reason for this.  But I like it.  I embrace it.  It's different from everything I've ever known.  There have been a few casual dates with these "brown boys" and I enjoyed my time with them.  Well, except for with the Chef, Vijay.  He became controlling after one week.  And my personality is not one that compliments controlling very well!  He sucked the life outta me!

What I believe has really been happening within me is not what I like in a man, but more of a stratigic move for me to learn more about myself.  Learn about the country of India.  Learn about their economy.  Learn about their history.  Learn about their culture.

Anywho...
During the past couple of years I have also learned that I have a passion for victims of sex and human trafficking victims.  I've read several places that sex trafficking is the third most profitable organized crime industry, but can't actually find the source of this.  But if there is ANY truth to this claim... How Sad!!  For some of the facts on how prevalent this problem is click here or here . I just want to cry out all of the things that is wrong with this, and be explicit in everything I would attempt to inflict upon someone if it was one of my children who fell victim to this nameless, faceless crime!  However, since I'm with holding the details, I won't.  This passion runs deep and I'm not sure why.  My childhood was fairly normal.  What ever THAT means.   So, why me God?  Why THIS passion? Why now?

At the beginning of the year, I attempted to make contact with some people who could direct me in how I could help.  But the doors were shut in my face.  Quietly my heart cried out, "But Lord...I feel like you are the one who birthed this passion within me!  What am I suppose to do?"  To which I believe the response was, "Wait...Pray..."  And so I have.

NOW (very emphatic and dramatic)... A mission trip....to where?  India?

I just have to tell you the significance of the number 3.  Every time I feel the urging of the Lord it is always confirmed in three's.  That may actually be in the Bible somewhere, I'm not sure.  (note to self: look that up)

So....

Number One and creation of THE PLAN:  Last night I received and e-mail from my friend Kylie.  The organization that she introduced me to, As Our Own, has a home and school where girls from the ages of 5-20 have been rescued from the red light district in India. And they will be sending a group over there next summer.
What?!?

Number Two:  Then, I get home last night and read a chapter in a book called Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist.  Guess what she wrote about in that very chapter.  A mission trip.
What?!? What?!?

AND Number Three:  NOW TODAY...I was casually scrolling through some blogs and came across my friends sister.  What was her last post about?  A mission trip!

What, What, What the heck is going on here?

There are so many thoughts curving, running, and rocking through my noggin right now.
  •  I don't have the money
  • Is this why You made me wait and told me to pray?
  • But God...
  • You were the one who gave me the desire to go on a mission trip
  • I'm not well versed on Bible verses
  • I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength Phil 4:13
Okay, I just had to laugh.  Earlier when I was writing out all of these things, I wrote them in this exact order.  Notice what the last two say.  Ironic?  No, I'm sure God was very intentional in the way I wrote this. 
  • Is this for real or am I making it up in my head?
  • I must pray over this
  • How will I raise funds
  • What, God?  Me?  
  • But you know I wanted to go to Costa Rica on a mission trip.
  • Your kingdom come, Your will be done
  • I am stronger than I think I am
  • Really, I just wanted to run a half marathon.  That's a miracle in itself! 
  • Guess I'll need to get a Malaria medication, right?
Will I really do this?  Will I really go to India?  I'll stay cautiously optimistic and excited about going, in hopes that it will all work out!

No comments: