MY CRAZY LIFE

2/13/07

TRIBUTE TO MOM









Kilgore, Texas. Mom finally has her headstone. My sister and I drove to Kilgore so that we could see it for the first time with my dad. Love it!! I am very happy with the way it turned out. The irony of it is, today is the year anniversary for mom going into the Bone Marrow Transplant unit to start her chemotherapy. Wow!! This past year has flown by. She was my best friend, she loved my husband as her own son, and her grand kids were the light of her life. So often, when Ashley or Payton do something I disapprove of, I think of how my mother would have reacted to me. She would tell you that she made so many mistakes as a mother, especially while Sabrina and I were small, but, she would react with love and guidance. In my mind, I don't remember all of the mistakes she made ( I remember some of the big ones though). She was a fun, loving, happy, and fair mom. The Bible was her main instruction book and her love for God was so apparent in her daily life. As an adult, I want to model my life after that of my moms. Can't wait to hug her again when I get to Heaven. There are so many things I need to talk to her about.

Love you Momma!!

1 comment:

Sabrina.Maring said...

That is a beautiful wonderful loving this to say about our mom. I totally agree.

You the best sister anyone could hope for.


Happy Valentines Day

Sabrina Kay