MY CRAZY LIFE

8/16/07

GALVESTON














































Well, to set the tone for the vacation, I should tell you that I goofed on the day we were to leave. We rented a house on the beach and were to check in on Saturday the 11th, but I thought Sunday was the 11th. Only when we called the guy to set up the time to pick up the keys was I enlightened to what day it was. Since we paid for Saturday night, we were going to sleep there Saturday night (Sunday morning was more like it). The property manager was kind enough to meet us at the house at 12:30 am. It was nice and clean, with plenty of bedrooms for everyone. The kids were so excited to be there that we couldn't get them settled down for bed until 3 am.

Sunday, my dad got into town. He was expecting a piece of equipment to be delivered and was not sure if he was even going to come. Also, his car broke down, and was going to have to ride his motorcycle down and didn't want to do that. My grandmother graciously let him take her car. For those of you who know me well, you probably know that my dad is always working and rarely takes time out to enjoy his grandchildren (and daughters). He realised how talkative Payton is and had good time teasing the kids. Of course, seafood is a must when you are at the ocean. We found shrimp and dad fried it up for us. yummy!! But sadness came when he left on Monday. He missed his bed, dogs, work, and his own car!

Tuesday, we decided we would take time out from the beach and drive over to Houston to NASA. My nephew, Chris, loves science and wanted to go, as did the rest of us. It was wonderful to take my kids somewhere my mom use to take Sabrina and I when we were small. But, OMG how it has changed. Back to Galveston for dinner at The Rainforest Cafe. The ambiance and desert were great. The food....so so.

We were having to keep an eye on the weather due to the tropical storm, but Wednesday was the day to play in the ocean. I must say, and I have before on my blogspot, Payton does not like the water. Kind of hard to play in the water when he refused to go in. I tried to take him in earlier in the week just to wash the sand off of his body (and thinking he might have fun once he got in) and he freaked out and was squeezing my neck so hard I had to get out before I passed out. He is perfectly content to play in the sand.

Thursday, Happy 13th Birthday Chris!!
The time has come to leave. We were able to load the cars between storms being caused by tropical storm ERIN. Getting out of Galveston and Houston proved to be difficult at times because of the rain. But, we made it and I am very happy to be home!!

Maybe we can plan a vacation with dad again next year and have him stay 2 days!! Love ya Daddy! Glad you came.



1 comment:

Adrielle said...

Dona, it sounds like you guys had a blast!!! I found your blog on Angela's and thought I'd check it out. I'm awestruck at your bathroom! You GO GIRL!!!! Can I add you as a favorite on my blog?