MY CRAZY LIFE

8/9/07

What have I been up to ????






















































So, now I know, for the first time in my life, how it feels to be a (part-time) "stay at home mom" during the summer months. First of all, I must confess that I have not been that great at it! It is really hard to get chores, shopping, relaxing, re-modeling, etc... done with children. And I know many of you out there have more kids that I do!! Some of you have 3 times as many kids as me and do a much better job. My problem lies in the fact that my sweethearts do not play real well together. I always thought the 6 year age gap would be great. Maybe when they go to college. So, Ashley is constantly trying to tell Pay what to do, and I am trying to remind her that she is not his mother. And Payton whining because of _________. You feel in the blank.

Since this is confession time, I have to say that time management here at home needs some work. A lot of frustration could be alleviated if I would schedule my day better. Now, give me a specific task or my job and I am all over it!! But at home, not so good. Any of you moms with some inside information on what works for you, Please let me know and I will give it a try. My last confession is that I play on my kids webkinz website. It is very amusing and quite entertaining.

Let me think back as to what has happened since the beginning of the summer, which was my last blog entry. :(

I turned 34 and had a great birthday. I was with my kids all day and then Mike and I went shopping. We all went to Shogun and greatly enjoyed watching Payton as the cook lit the hibachi grill and put on a show.

Payton has been all about mommy. Most of the time, where ever I am, there he is!! He is starting to hang with dad more and ask for him during the day. But, he doesn't want me to go anywhere.

Ashley has been a busy girl this summer. She went to jazz dance camp and had a great time. Her dancing amazes me and I hope she will continue to presue dance. Another passion is singing and music. She went to music camp at our church in July. Although there was some tears, pep talk, hugs, and tickles, about not getting a solo or speaking part, she was chosen for a dancing part and we were happy with that. After dance camp started, she found out that she was going to do a dance with ribbons. Come to find out, one of her "dreams" was to do a dance with the ribbons. ;) The drama with some friends has not been excluded this summer either. I am sure you moms know about this kind of stuff.

Mike has recuperated from the wreck, but is still healing. I trust that God continues to keep him in His hands and guide him toward the life that He saved him for!!! Lately he has been very busy at work and ends up working at home at night.

And I am still a wife, mom, daughter, sister, granddaughter, friend, employee, co-worker, doctor, Mr. fix it, electrician, plumber, maid, tickle monster, role model, complainer, SUPER MOM!!!

About the pictures... I am proud of the work in the bathroom that I have done. The floor was tiled by me. The toilet was also set by yours truly. So pride and the sence of accomplishment I have goes without saying. The labor that has gone into our newly remodeled bathroom was overwhelming at times. It only took 4 years to get to this point. Ashley had a non-birthday party at Bath Junkie. Her birthday is actually in December, but she never got a party. So, this was special for her and fun for me. The only preparation was the gift bags!!! A good time was had by everyone. The scrapbook pages above are from the end of July. We went to the suspension bridge over the Brazos River and took pictures. We were going to eat our lunch at the playground first, but the ducks were charging us and wanting our food, so we had to make a run to the car.

And a huge thanks to Angela for threatening to delete me from your blog list. You got me going on the blog again. Let me see if I can keep up the work.

No comments: