MY CRAZY LIFE

2/14/08

REPROOF







I have finally done it! My entry way has been “resurrected”!! I am so excited to have my part of the work order fulfilled. Now all we need is a light fixture hung and the electrical outlet connected in the attic then it will be complete.

So, Pay and I suffered through looking at light fixtures today. Actually, I love Lowe’s and Home Depot. Pay is the one who was in misery over shopping and I was in agony over his whining.

Why does it bother me when someone corrects my children? While in one of these stores, there was an empty place under the shelving. Of course, like any curious George, Pay went right into the depts of the shelving. This is a dream come true. He is occupied, I can scan the inventory, and we are both happy. Well, up comes a lady to crash our party and tells him “Sweetie, get out from underneath there. You could hurt yourself. There are bolts and screws and all kind of things you might bump your head on.” My response…nothing. I didn’t smile and encourage him to come out. I didn’t pretend I didn’t know he was underneath there (you know you’ve done the same thing). NOTHING. Why? Because I was mad. My thoughts… Just let us take our chances, lady. We didn’t have enough time to see if he would get hurt. Being a mom, you get to kiss and make boo-boo’s better frequently. Nothing is different about today. I actually think I am being a good mom today. There are no injuries to speak of. Why can’t you just go away and let us take our chances.

Needless to say, we didn’t stay much longer. Not because she reprimanded my son, but because the whining started up again.

Thanks, I’ll be back at the store tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl!