MY CRAZY LIFE

9/21/11

The Platform

Give me a platform and let me vent!

I am mad, frustrated, irritated, and feel like I'm hog tied because I can't do a dang thing about it!   Of course it has to do with one of the little darlings.  And of course it just so happens to be the one who is in the double digits and thinks she knows everything.

Why is it when you ask your little precious if she is for-sure for-sure that so and so's mom will be picking them up that the answer is yes.  (BTW, for-sure for-sure is SERIOUS business.  Almost like a pinky swear.)

Now it's 45 minutes after you should have been picked up, you are not answering your phone, I have no idea whether you have been picked up by named mom or by some stranger.  So I call the other party's mom and find out that she didn't know that she was suppose to be picking you up!  WHY THEN are you telling me that you have a ride when the driver of this ride was not even aware that they should be driving to give you a ride!!!  NOW, a whole hour after you were dismissed from this gathering you are finally picked up.  Which is great!  You finally call.  And I am happy that you are ok!

Why now?  Is it because you are in the car now and feel safer from the wrath of mom?

I do find out that adult overseer was watching out for you.  Thank goodness.  Because that is not a neighborhood I would want to hang out in after dark...alone!  Even at 30-something.  I am very thankful that I know and trust this guy as well as humbled for him sitting with you girls after everyone else was gone!

NOW, I'm embarrassed because adult overseer has a family and little babies and I'm sure he wanted to kiss them goodnight before they went to sleep. 

But what is it that really makes me mad has very little to do with you in this moment!  I am frustrated because I am at home packing all of my stuff and getting ready to leave at 4:30 in the morning to go work 4 straight 12 hour shifts.  Maybe that's not a lot for some. But it is physically and emotionally and on occasion, spiritually exhausting work.  Not only that, but this work that I speak of is not down the street.  It's two hours away.  Therefore, I can not discipline you.  You are spending the night with your friend and dad is ok with that.  I AM NOT!  It is in your dad's hands and we are not seeing eye to eye on this one.

Basically I am in tears because I don't like this!  I want to be home!  I want a job that is closer to my home!  I want to have some weekends off!  I want to take care of my kids and make sure they are safe and sound where ever they are suppose to be.  That's what I want! 

This is posted and un-edited because my dryer is finished.  I need to get my scrubs out and pack the rest of my bags for this stupid work!

pouting :(

No comments: