MY CRAZY LIFE

7/7/08

WHAT'S EXPECTED...WHAT'S NOT EXPECTED...






To follow up on the previous post...My birthday was not forgotten. We were in Colorado visiting my Grandma and Grandad. My aunt was very kind in hosting a "cook out" for my birthday. It was great!! Steaks...hotdogs...baked beans...cake (made by my grandma)...kids swimming...blow up jump castle...etc. I had a great time and received wonderful presents from my Grandparents and cousin "Gretta".

But...there was something missing.


Yet...I was silent.


There was no guilt trip, there was no questioning, there wasn't even any pouting.

Until...I got home from Colorado. I just wanted him to know that my feelings were hurt. Anything to acknowledge my birthday would have been nice. Even a homemade card.

I don't expect my friends to recognize my birthday. Because, I so often forget theirs. Sending a card seems like an easy process. Somehow, between the store and home it becomes difficult to actually get the card into the mailbox. This is the mailbox I walk to every day!
My special day was forgotten by my Dad. But, my family did take me out to dinner on Friday night to make up for not doing anything for me on my birthday.

Here are a couple pictures taken on our vacation.


Seven Falls (Beautiful! But look close. See those stairs going up beside the falls? "Good Morning calf muscles")

Ashley and Payton at Focus on the Family

Aria and Payton - The "summer siblings"

Estes Park - Pay, Grandma, and Ashley


One more thing, last year I posted that I just turned 34. I was born in 1974, so I just turned 34 THIS year. What is it people say? "The mind is the first to go". But if anyone asks, I'm 29!!

3 comments:

Rose said...

Well Happy Birthday! What day is really your birthday? I'm 29 too.... for real though! It's my first annual, I'm new to the club and all.

Dona said...

Thank you Rose. June 28th is my real b-day. When did you turn 29?

Having It All said...

I'm sorry, Dona.

Those pictures are so beautiful - and your blog is too!