MY CRAZY LIFE

4/18/08

FRIDAY NIGHT

It is not the ordinary Friday night scene here at our house. Mike is gone camping in Arkansas. The kids are at my friends house (thanks Ken and Kristen:)). And I am here alone. Of course it is not a night of luxury for me. Nope, just Starbucks, a shower and to bed I go. Got to get up early for my two hour commute to work. But, since i was walking by my computer, thought I would whine to y'all for a sec.
A "normal" Friday night for us is dinner out, come home, I am rushing around trying to find what scrubs are clean and a shirt that will match, iron, clean underwear, do I have nightclothes packed?, what about socks, oh yeah, I need socks. Now, where did I put my tennis shoes?
"HAS ANYONE SEEN MY TENNIS SHOES?"
Oh, here they are - right here on my feet.

TV blaring what ever is on Disney Channel.

"I WILL NOT TELL YOU AGAIN TO GET YOUR TEETH BRUSHED, NOW"
"OK, I'M TURNING OFF THE TV" (screams, moans) (pitter-patter of feet off to the bathrooms)

"Pay, go tell your daddy it is time to come inside and help" (Payton screaming at the top of his lungs from the back door.)(me thinking, well, I could have done that)

Kids finally in the bed. Now two CD players blaring different tunes.
"Mom, do I have to go to bed right now?"
"No, Ashley. Do you have a book to read? Then go read"

"Mike, the kids want some water"

NOW, shower, get in bed, watch some TV and fall asleep at 11:30 (or later)

Tonight, just me. It's nice not to have 3 sets of teeth to look after and 3 bladders to empty and water for everyone. BUT, I have become so accustomed to the CD players and all the closet lights on and saying "brush your teeth" 101 times.
Now, all I here is the fish tank running, my cat snoring in my ear (the stupid cat snores, who knew?) and the dog barking outside. I guess I would like to try this staying at home alone for a night when I don't have to be on the road by 4 am. For right now, I just pray that I won't get scared. Which brings up another issue.
Why do I get scared at my house, in my town - but I don't get scared while I'm at the hotel in big D? Well ok, sometimes I get a little nervous.

Guess I'll sleep now.
Nothing else to do.

No comments: