MY CRAZY LIFE

4/3/08

MY ASHLEY

















I want her to stay a little girl, as we all do with our children. But, I know she must grow up. That's just the way things work here (just in case you were wondering). However, the anxieties that I am having are almost overwhelming at times. I want her to be prepared for the changes going on with her body. She needs to know about when she starts her period. etc... The American Girl book has been helpful and I think has taught her some things. So that's good. Right?

Our latest issue is her not minding and lying. I am sure they are both normal for her age. How do you keep the communication open with your pre-teen girl? Please let me tell you, her lying is not a frequent thing. We just had a episode last night at bedtime. Mike and I have always told Ash that she will be in a lot more trouble if she does lie to us. And, to date, it has worked.

Our strategy at this point is to pray, pray, pray. This is the only thing I know to do. Of course, I ask for your advice and love to hear it, but it all boils down to me praying that God will cover her with His hand of protection, and praying with Ashley for wisdom for us both to walk through this time in her life together. Also, asking God for our communication lines to always be open (with Him and each other).

No comments: