MY CRAZY LIFE

4/5/08

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Watch this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW4LLwkgmqA

There are several things that come to mind when I watched this.

1.) It is scary that she has such an influence over so many people.
2.) She says "What about Jesus?" (in the video clip) as if He is just another man on the street.
3.) This goes against everything we learn from the Bible.
Many other things bother me, but lets stop there.

Of course, there is a very uneasy feeling in my gut.

She took "god" out of the box? What in the world is she meaning? I never knew God was in a box.

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them-bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2Peter 2:1 (from BlueLetterBible.org NIV version)

I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. Romans 16:17-18 (from BlueLetterBible.org NIV version)


I must tell you that I have not researched this extensively. These are a couple of scriptures that stood out to me. The fact is, it does not matter if I am vastly educated on this subject or not, it disturbs me because it is not in alignment with the Word of GOD.

How do you feel?

1 comment:

Amber said...

There is another verse, that has actually been laid on my heart this past week...it is Mathew 22:29 "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God."

Oprah, like the majority of people who seem to have a microphone these days, is in error.

Sometimes when I hear people say things that I know are against God's word, I just have to tell myself, "they do not know His word and they do not know His power." I'm not being closed minded, I have made my decision. It is a done deal.

I also really stopped by to tell you that your comment made me day! Thanks!!!