MY CRAZY LIFE

4/9/08

SPECTACLES, TIRE SWING, AND GETTING OLDER




I have gone my 33 years of life and never any trouble seeing. The past couple of weeks I've had headaches in the morning and headaches in the evening. So, I am lucky enough to start wearing glasses/contacts.
This has not been a pleasant experience, however. There is no love for the Dr. I am seeing. He is professional, which is a plus. But, no personality AT ALL. I just wonder how people get through life with no personality and playfulness. Maybe because he had such offensive halitosis, no one wants to be around him, therefore he has not developed interpersonal skills. Also, the way he said "clear-err" annoyed me. That is exactly how he said it too. With the hyphen. He didn't say the hyphen though.



Mike made this tire swing for the kids this weekend. Apparently they played all weekend on it. I have issues with this. Look how much fun they are having!! Aren't they sweet. Yeah, they are not able to push themselves on this swing. Do you know what that means. You guessed it....I get to spend a lot of time pulling a rope to swing them. My other problem is this...What if the rope breaks and someone is not paying attention. Ashley's head is up approx. 7 ft. That could be a serious closed head injury. But, I am the mom otherwise known as the constant party poop-er. (tee..hee..hee. poop-er)


Mike is now the big 4-1. He was so sad yesterday. There are many things causing him to be sad. The fact that he is 4-1 does not seem to be one of the reasons. Maybe it is a little. So, balloons make everyone happy, RIGHT? Forty one balloons in my car...They were hitting me in the back of the head!! Now as I speak (type) they are hitting me in my head again. This time we are in my living room and there is a very busy 4 year old making them dance all over the living room. There is also a dog growling at the very busy 4 year old.

What a week. Gotta go, church is calling.

1 comment:

WILLIAM said...

I don't know how doctors can get away with no personality. You would think bedside manner or ...with an eye doctor chart side manner would be important in keeping clientelle.